Friday, July 30, 2010

7 Quick Takes



1~  Annelise is nine months old today.  The time has flown by, and I'm always in awe when my babies have been outside of me longer than they were inside.  It's a strange passage.  Nine months old is quite delicious indeed.

2~  And in this last week, she has totally fallen in love with her daddy.  It's so adorable, especially when you consider that she really wanted nothing to do with him for many, many months.  Now she flirts with him all the time and lets out this gasp-y squeal when he walks in the room.  Heaven.

3~  We had a marathon trip to Baton Rouge yesterday...two hours there and almost three back.  My children were the epitome of great travelers through the whole thing.  I introduced them to the musical version of The Secret Garden, pausing every few seconds to explain and tell the story.  They LOVED it, and I loved sharing it with them.  It has helped put me in a good frame of mind to start thinking and planning for next school year.

4~  I had a lovely evening out this week at a book study.  The Holy Spirit spoke so clearly, so eloquently, so lovingly...to convict, encourage, to love me.  I am so grateful for lovely ladies to walk with me on this mothering journey.

5~  Friday Night Dinner (FND) was high-class tonight:  steak and brownie cupcakes.

6~  Also at FND, we had our very first (of many, hopefully) praise and worship (or dance) sessions.  It was beautiful and filling and so good to share this with each other and dear friends, and to begin this for our children at these tender ages.  During prayer tonight once we were home, Ava prayed with absolute seriousness, "God, I pray that we got to rock it out tonight at the Hamiltons'".  I love this kid!

7~  Courtney served me coffee with peppermint mocha creamer two times this week.  It tastes like Christmas, and despite the oppressive July heat, it puts me in the mood for all things holiday.

*BONUS TAKE*

My husband fixed my washer this week, thereby saving us over $100!!  I'm so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading these quick takes every Saturday morning! They're so fun!

    ReplyDelete