Friday, July 9, 2010

7 Quick Takes



1~ VBS was fabulous and exhausting.  It was a joy to watch Jacob and Mary-Grace eat it all up.  It was an absolute blessing to see dear friends every single day for a week.

2~ We resumed "Friday Night Dinner" with the Hamiltons tonight.  Holy cow, I forgot how wonderful this is!  We had coffee, beignets, strawberries, and great conversation.

3~ Phil is taking the big kids to the library and pool tomorrow morning so I can clean the house in one shot.  This worked SO VERY WELL last weekend that I'm really hoping we can stick to it.  When we're back in the rhythm of school, I hope to send him with my library list each week.  This has the potential to be so good for all of us!

4~ I got awesome deals on ebay on a few Vera Bradley bags last week.  They arrived this week.  I am in love!  These are my first Vera bags, and I might be addicted.

5~ I also got a Beco this week.  It arrived yesterday.  This might be my favorite carrier yet.  I have LOVED my moby wrap, but it's just too hot for the summer here, and Annelise is getting a bit big for it.  I wore her for about an hour at VBS this morning (on the front).  This afternoon, I cleaned my whole kitchen with her on my back.  She cooed the whole time...it was the sweetest thing!

6~ Annelise started saying MAMA last Friday shortly after I posted my quick takes.  She's been perfecting it all week.  She is the first of my children to say mama as her first word.  The rest said Nana and Dada long before mama.  I feel special.

7~ Annelise got her first tooth yesterday.  She has had a busy two weeks.

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.

3 comments:

  1. Beignets at the Landreneau's is like a mini vacation...love that the kids love it just as much as we do...however, will have to work on containing John. Should we bring the big gate next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. did I mention how glad I am that you're bloging again?

    (I had typos on the previous one, that's why it's deleted)

    ReplyDelete