Sunday, April 17, 2011

Holy Week Daybook

Outside My Window...  It's GORGEOUS!  Skies are blue, temperatures are crisp.  What a great spring treat  before the heat really kicks into gear.
I am Listening to...a very cranky baby.  The eye teeth are trying to make their appearance, and it's not going well.  On a positive note, I'm listening to Ava talk to herself which is always entertaining.
I am wearing ...  Pajamas...highly considering making a day of this.
I am Thankful For...  a healthy miracle baby, our new godchild, Davis John-Paul.  He is sweet and beautiful and smells of Heaven.
I am Pondering... answered prayers from a lifetime ago and from just days and weeks ago.  
I am Reading... my 2011 list so far:
               1.  Relentless Generational Blessings
                  2.  One Thousand Gifts (just started it again for my first reread)
                  3.  Smart Martha's Catholic Guide for Busy Moms
                  4.  I Believe in Love
                  5.  Discipline That Lasts a Lifetime
                  6.  Organized Simplicity
                  7.  Arms of Love (a reread from a few years ago, but so worth it. I wanted something light)  
                  8.  Dancing with My Father
                  9.  Hints on Child Training
                  10.  Pride and Prejudice (sad to say, I read the Cliffs Notes in high school)
                  11.  Same Kind of Different as Me
                  13.  What Went Wrong with Vatican II?
                


From the Kitchen... blah.  That about sums it up.  I need inspiration or streamlining or something.  I'm thinking of going back to a weekly rotation just to get back in the swing.  I think it'll be easier to add new things after that.
I am Thinking... that it is time to start nailing down some plans for next school year.  Ideas are swirling all around  my head.  I want to be realistic and dream big all at the same time.  It's all about the balance.
I am Creating... a new saint doll, my list of 1000+ gifts, an organized home, plans for finishing up all the little undone things around our home.
On the Learning Front... the end of the school year is wrapping up well, I think.  Core subjects are almost complete.  I'm thinking of continuing science and history through the summer to supplement all the pool time.  We'll see.
Towards Rhythm and Beauty... our routine has been rocked a bit the past few weeks.  I'm ready to get back on track somewhat.  Ava has spring break this week, so it'll be a little difficult to establish order knowing it will change again in a week.  But we'll do our best.
Toward Personal Care... back to Pilates this week and eating well.  I had a couple of great weeks, and then fell off the plan.  
Living the Liturgical Year at Home... Holy Week came so fast this year!  Waiting for our godchild to be born sure helped Lent to fly by quickly.  I haven't planned very well for this week, so I'm hoping the Holy Spirit will inspire the plan for us.  I'm really hoping to get to daily Mass before the Triduum.  We're seriously considering the Vigil if we can find someone to stay with the little girls.  We also need to get to Confession this week.  Our awesome pastor has provided HOURS of Confession times all throughout this week.  What a blessing!
I am Hoping and Praying...for a peaceful adjustment for the Thomas family.
On Keeping Home...gotta find my mojo again.  It upped and left a while back and I can't seem to locate it.   It's also time to get back on track with cleaning out and decluttering closets and such. 
One of My Favorite Things...  the smell of a newborn, the sacredness of moments shared with precious friends after babies are born.
My Kids This Week... They have enjoyed lots of play time.  Phil took the day off on Wednesday so I could be at the hospital, so they had a Daddy play day.  Then the Thomas kids came Friday morning and spent all day and night with us.  They all had a blast...they played hard, ate beignets, and watched Tangled.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...Mass, Confession, Triduum services, Good Friday Living Stations of the Cross and possibly company for dinner afterward, and then EASTER!
A Picture Thought I'm sharing...



2 comments: