outside my window...
...damp, warm, muggy...Fall, where are you?
I am thinking...
...about what's left to do to get ready for the baby! We're all so excited. Phil and the kids put the crib together last night; they can't wait to meet their new baby.
I am thankful...
...that I'm done hosting major events until after the baby arrives. Now it's time to settle in and finish nesting.
from the kitchen...
...leftover crockpot chicken (recipe here) Phil, Ava and I loved it over rice, and the big kids ate (somewhat) obediently.
from the learning room...
...We began E week this week after taking off last week to catch our breaths. We're reading about Eyebright, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, electricity, eggs, elephants, and may even give a shot to some embroidery. (HT: Jessica) We are plugging away at our core stuff quite nicely. I also started giving the kids fish gummies loaded with omega-3s. I am amazed at how much better they are focusing, and I really didn't think I had a problem with them at all.
living the liturgical year at home...
...Today we celebrate St. Padre Pio's feast and begin the novena to St. Therese. Eight years ago today, after having being told months before that I probably had a 1% chance to conceive a baby on my own, I began this same novena. Nine months later to the day Jacob was born. How's that for a rose?
I am creating...
...more felt food for the girls for Christmas, a few more Christmas gifts, and a baby. All pretty fun stuff!
I am reading...
lots of E week books.
I am going...
to be patient today even though I barely slept.
I am wearing...
...pajamas right now, but soon a new maternity skirt that my mom bought me last night. I love it! It might become my uniform for the next 6 1/2 weeks.
I am hoping...
...that this baby will be just a bit smaller than his/her brother/sisters. I'd really like another non-epidural birth (only my first was), so I'd settle for an even 8-pounder.
I am hearing...
...Phil waking up. That's it...no other noise. I'm savoring these few moments of quiet, and looking forward to the time when I share them with our new little one.
Around the house...
...it's all about getting ready for the baby. I cleaned the windowsills, baseboards, door frames yesterday in the baby's room. My mom is repainting the dresser for me. I have a cleaning list a mile long, but will settle for what we can get done reasonably before his/her arrival.
One of my favorite things...
...picking up Ava from Nursery School. She tells me everyday, "K, turn off the music. Let me tell you about Nursery School." She loves it!
A Few Plans for this Week...
...nothing major, which is nice. We're doing school, having co-op on Friday, and my family is hosting a small baby shower for me on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it!
...damp, warm, muggy...Fall, where are you?
I am thinking...
...about what's left to do to get ready for the baby! We're all so excited. Phil and the kids put the crib together last night; they can't wait to meet their new baby.
I am thankful...
...that I'm done hosting major events until after the baby arrives. Now it's time to settle in and finish nesting.
from the kitchen...
...leftover crockpot chicken (recipe here) Phil, Ava and I loved it over rice, and the big kids ate (somewhat) obediently.
from the learning room...
...We began E week this week after taking off last week to catch our breaths. We're reading about Eyebright, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, electricity, eggs, elephants, and may even give a shot to some embroidery. (HT: Jessica) We are plugging away at our core stuff quite nicely. I also started giving the kids fish gummies loaded with omega-3s. I am amazed at how much better they are focusing, and I really didn't think I had a problem with them at all.
living the liturgical year at home...
...Today we celebrate St. Padre Pio's feast and begin the novena to St. Therese. Eight years ago today, after having being told months before that I probably had a 1% chance to conceive a baby on my own, I began this same novena. Nine months later to the day Jacob was born. How's that for a rose?
I am creating...
...more felt food for the girls for Christmas, a few more Christmas gifts, and a baby. All pretty fun stuff!
I am reading...
lots of E week books.
I am going...
to be patient today even though I barely slept.
I am wearing...
...pajamas right now, but soon a new maternity skirt that my mom bought me last night. I love it! It might become my uniform for the next 6 1/2 weeks.
I am hoping...
...that this baby will be just a bit smaller than his/her brother/sisters. I'd really like another non-epidural birth (only my first was), so I'd settle for an even 8-pounder.
I am hearing...
...Phil waking up. That's it...no other noise. I'm savoring these few moments of quiet, and looking forward to the time when I share them with our new little one.
Around the house...
...it's all about getting ready for the baby. I cleaned the windowsills, baseboards, door frames yesterday in the baby's room. My mom is repainting the dresser for me. I have a cleaning list a mile long, but will settle for what we can get done reasonably before his/her arrival.
One of my favorite things...
...picking up Ava from Nursery School. She tells me everyday, "K, turn off the music. Let me tell you about Nursery School." She loves it!
A Few Plans for this Week...
...nothing major, which is nice. We're doing school, having co-op on Friday, and my family is hosting a small baby shower for me on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it!
Visit Peggy for more links.
No comments:
Post a Comment