outside my window...
It's muggy and warm...with the promise of rain and 90 degree temperatures. Fall, where are you?!
I am thinking...
about crossing things off my list! I am in super holiday preparation mode so that once this little one arrives there is little to create, only much to execute.
I am thankful...
for a productive weekend on many fronts, and a husband who is so willing to help me around the house and with the children.
From the learning room...
We are moving and shaking. This is our 5th week for this school year, and so far so good. We've not hit our groove yet schedule wise,butonly because life happens. Friends have babies, and we are delighted to shift our routines to help out. But the learning part is happening when it can, and for that I am grateful.
From the kitchen...
LOTS! Yesterday I made a quadruple batch of taco soup, a quadruple batch of spaghetti sauce, and a triple batch of smothered eggplant and spinach. The rest of the week promises lots of ziti, gumbo, and smothered chicken. I'm stocking the freezer for the baby moon. The only reason this was all possible was because my hubby washed EVERY SINGLE pot, pan, spoon, etc. Oh, and there were cupcakes, too.
I am wearing...
gray pants, pink striped top, crocs.
I am creating...
Christmas gifts, Advent and Christmas plans, newly decorated rooms for the kids (for Christmas), and still lots of lists.
I am going...
to the hospital very shortly for my grandfather's surgery. It's minor, but he is 81. Say a prayer for him, please?
I am hoping...
for a successful surgery for my Papa, for a great day with my munchkins, an uneventful week.
I am praying...
for my Papa, for my new godchild and his mommy, for the Mitchells, and for lots of intentions that I hold in my heart.
Around the house...
nothing much for today, but I have a monster list of deep cleaning to accomplish before our little one arrives.
One of my favorite things...
hearing my children playing happily together. Nothing warms my heart like lots of creative, cooperative play between them.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
- Bible study tonight, if time allows.
- cooking for friends tomorrow night.
- co-op on Friday
- more freezer cooking, present wrapping, birthday gift assembling (Ava will be 3 soon!) on Saturday morning.
- visiting with out-of-town family on Saturday afternoon.
- possibly breathing again on Sunday!
To live the liturgical year...
- celebrating Our Lady's birthday today with books and cupcakes and singing.
- the feast of St. Peter Claver tomorrow.
- the feast of the Holy Name of Mary on Saturday.
- Mass on Friday.
For more links, see Peggy
No comments:
Post a Comment