Friday, August 20, 2010
7 Quick Takes
1~ Annelise can sign all done. I'd have to check the scrapbooks, but I think this makes her the earliest signer. Jacob might have been earlier, but not by much. I have LOVED signing with our children, and the big kids love relearning all their signs with a new little.
2~ Mary-Grace lost her second tooth this week...pulled it out all by herself. What a woman! Her brother would not even consider this option.
3~ FND consisted of beignets, Smirnoff Ice, beer, cupcakes (both the edible kind and the kid kind), lots of belly laughing, lots of bouncing-off-the-walls kids, and, I'm not sure how we fit it in, some real good adult conversation. Joseph and Annelise still love each other. When she was fussing at the table, he starting making kissing sounds at her to make her smile. I know he's full of "my do it" and "no" at his house right now, but he's such a little gentleman around my little lady.
4~ Today Mary-Grace and I are going to her Little Flowers Tea Party...this ought to be a hoot! Afterward, I am surprising her with a trip to the mall to get her ears pierced. A few friends are tagging along. I'll report back with pictures if it's a success.
5~ I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and walked through the Fall decor aisles. I could smell crisp air, football, gumbo, pumpkins, and camping. All in Hobby Lobby. Come on Fall! I'll even take 80 degree temps.
6~ My Christmas shopping list is mostly made. I'm such a shop-ahead girl. For the most part, I don't like buying at the last minute. I like to stay home during Advent, reading picture books, sipping coffee/cider/hot chocolate, and waiting for Him.
7~ My monthly moms' book study is on Tuesday, and I can't wait for my cup to be filled again. It's time...I think I've forgotten everything I learned last month (which of course I swore I'd NEVER forget.) Ahem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just finally got to read this because I was rushing this morning for the Tea Party...and it was like missing my Saturday morning coffee! My day is complete now.
ReplyDelete