Saturday, August 28, 2010

7 Quick Takes




1~  We began doing a little bit of school each day this week.  Just a math sheet and some Explode the Code to review.  The first couple of days were a little rusty, but it's improving quickly.  We'll continue this next week and hopefully be all ready to go for September 7th.

2~  Book study on Tuesday was as amazing as expected.  I am always so inspired by Sally Clarkson, but also by the triumphs and fallings (not using the word failings on purpose) of my precious friends.  It is such a gift that we have each other to walk this motherhood journey with, and that we feel free to be open, honest, and vulnerable with each other, knowing that there is no judgement.  Just love.  Encouragement.  Joy.  Blessings.

3~  Michie spoke of Eucharistic Adoration, and I am once again reminded that I need to make this a priority. She said, "It's changing me.  It is physically changing me.  Being in His Presence is changing me."  I desire that.  Annelise is now at an age that I can pull this off without her, so it's time to see where it will fit in the schedule.

4~  I SO missed FND last night!  We, our whole family, were at the wedding of a childhood friend of mine.  It was beautiful and lovely and pure, and that is refreshing.  The kids had fun, tried six different kinds of cake only to decide that they didn't like a single one, danced it up in our own little corner, and stayed up WAY too late.  But, we missed our FND friends.  We will make up for it tonight with gusto.

5~  Speaking of the wedding.  Last night was our first taste of having to really get ready with women in the house.  I spent over an hour straightening Mary-Grace's hair.  Thank goodness Ava's only needed to be dried.  I got mine done during my 4:00 hair cut.  And still, it felt like a zoo trying to getting it all pulled together.  But we did it, and they were all lovely and handsome.  I think I lost a few pounds in the process.

6~  The weather these last few days have been such a Fall tease.  It feels like a treat.  I bought some autumn simmering potpourri at Hobby Lobby a couple of days ago, but I haven't brought myself to simmer it yet because my house has been a mess.  I need it to look like it smells....gotta paint the picture I see in my mind.

7~  I'm baking cakes today for FND...one for our John John who will be ONE on Tuesday, and one for his daddy.  We won't say how old he is!

1 comment: