Monday, August 24, 2009

Daybook...2nd Edition

FOR TODAY... August 24, 2009

Outside my window...
It's still dark, but much cooler for south Louisiana. I'm hoping the weather will be more like this for the last weeks of this pregnancy...if not, I'll settle happily for the last few days!

I am thinking...
about how excited we are to meet this baby. Last time around, our older children were two and four. At five and a half, seven and almost three, they understand so much more and are just tickled. Their joy is contagious.

I am thankful for... my mom, who works tirelessly to help me accomplish all the crazy ideas stuck in my head.

From the learning room...
This will be our last full week with Ava here before she starts nursery school. She's thrilled about it, and I'm praying for a fun last week with her at home.
It's also B week, continued. I didn't get done quite as much as I wanted to last week, so we're continuing this week to wrap it up.

From the kitchen... Pancakes for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, spaghetti and salad for dinner. All very simple.

I am wearing... a long floral skirt and white shirt.

I am creating...lots of lists, an Alphabet of Catholic Saints, and plans for upcoming feast days.

I am going... to Mass very shortly.

I am reading...Making Senses out of Scripture by Mark Shea for our history program. It is excellent. Hopefully I'll finish it this week because there's lots more sitting on my shelf calling my name.

I am hoping... for a GREAT Monday! We sometimes have a hard time getting into the groove on Mondays. This is my intention for Mass today.

I am hearing...absolutely nothing, and it's a joyous sound.

I am praying... for a friend who will deliver our godchild soon, for my son's first Holy Communion next spring, for many special intentions.

Around the house... Phil did a major house cleaning for me on Saturday while I ran errands and organized. It's wonderful to have a clean house to start the week. Still, there's much organizing to be done, but I'm not sure that effort ever ends when one is pregnant!

One of my favorite things... good food and good friends.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

  • A doctor's appointment for me on Wednesday.
  • A well-visit at the pediatrician's for the girls on Friday.
  • Hopefully, the birth of our godchild! We're holding vigil here on pins and needles. I wonder what it will be like when it's actually OUR baby we're waiting on!

For more links, see Peggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment