Friday, September 10, 2010

7 Quick Takes



1~  After a morning of playing in the back yard, I told the kids they needed to shower before rest time.  Then, in a shameless attempt to buy myself some more cleaning time, I offered Mary-Grace a dollar to bathe Ava.  Ava caught wind of the money offer, so I offered her a dollar if she cooperated.  Worked like a charm.  I could potentially go broke with this kind of deal, but it's very tempting to repeat it on a nightly basis for the next few years until Ava can tend to herself.

2~  FND:  Green Apple Bite Smirnoffs hidden in ghetto paper bags with our names written on them....pancakes....pigs in blankets....Pioneer Woman cookbooks....girls singing Barbie songs but changing the words to make it a Boy Scout cheer....boys disappearing for hours in their Legos and Mars Missions....juggling babies and crankies and drinks and flipping pancakes and waiting on daddies/husbands.  Perfect way to end a week.

3~  We started school on Tuesday.  The first two days went smashingly well.  The second two were good enough.  I'll take it.  I'm so glad I waited.  It was a gentle start and worth the wait.

4~  Annelise is flying on her hiney.  She's going to have great abs and hip muscles.

5~  I rearranged my den today.  I might take pictures tomorrow if I finish up all that's in my head.

6~  Cool weather, WHERE ARE YOU?

7~  More fun tomorrow...a morning with just the baby, afternoon naps, Mass, and take out with Courtney and our four babies.  Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. I'm giggling, have goose bumps, & happy tears in my eyes! This really is too much fun!

    ReplyDelete