Friday, September 24, 2010

7 Quick Takes


1~ My brain is so not what it used to be.  The short term feels non-existent way more often than I'd like.  I guess  the four kid thing finally caught up to my good ole memory.  I'm so sad!

2~ FND was amazing as usual.  Gregg had to bring the "kennel" for John John because that sweet lil puppy just can't be contained otherwise, and his mama and I cannot have any kind of a cohesive conversation if that boy's not trapped.

3~ Book study filled my cup just as expected.  I have lots of great nuggets to chew on...

  • "I need more of You.  I desire more of You in this situation."
  • How are you going to give glory to God as you grow up?
  • To St. Monica from her spiritual director: "You need to stop talking to Augustine about God, and start talking to God about Augustine!"
  • Rise on time.  Stay recollected.  Glorify God in your eating and drinking.
  • Exaggerate the good and positive to effect a change.
4~  We have NO plans the rest of the weekend.  I don't remember the last time that happened.  I love having a blank slate

5~  We will celebrate St. Therese one week from today.  She begins October for us, one of my favorite times of year.  I'm looking forward to planning a sweet feast day for us and some dear friends.

6~  "I can rally."  Courtney looked it up.  "rally:  1 a: to muster for a common purpose.  b: to recall to order.  2 a: to arouse for action  b:  to arouse from depression or weakness  3 a: to come together to renew an effort.  I foresee lots of rallying in my future.  This might just be my new favorite phrase/action.

7~  We went to noon Mass twice this week!  We cashed in on a gem of a parish that's literally minutes from our house, and the wonderful, holy priest offers the Holy Sacrifice in about 20 minutes.  Now, I'm not one to look for a short Mass, but when you're going with four children, 20 minutes is great.  The kids asked to go back...they really enjoyed it.  Big score in the grace department!

No comments:

Post a Comment