Saturday, October 16, 2010

7 Quick Takes


1~  My lovely friend "Aunt Mari" is in from Paris right now.  The kids were beyond thrilled to see her, as was I.  We've stayed up too late the last two nights, but it was worth every second of catching up.

2~  Annelise's legs are getting stronger by the minute, and I am so grateful for the friends who helped us get her here.  She loves to stand and dance now...it's adorable.

3~  For a few days earlier this week, I really thought I might be pregnant.  At first I had a "oh crap!" reaction...but only very briefly.  The beauty of NFP is that God always has a shot to accomplish His will.  There are no chemicals in the way.  We have to trust that if even if we don't feel it's the best time for another baby, God may think otherwise, and we might get a baby when we weren't expecting one.  I must admit that I was disappointed when my cycle started.  Many mamas will tell you...even though it's doesn't feel like the best time to have a baby, thinking you might be pregnant and finding out you're not is a let down.  Deep down, in heart and soul, we mamas were made to do this...to welcome life.

4~ I am in list-making mode for the holidays.  I want to purposeful and spontaneous, but I've learned that if I don't plan ahead quite a bit, spontaneous just doesn't stand a chance around here.

5~ Fall, thank you for coming back in the last couple of days.  It was not so great when the temps were back on the rise earlier this week.

6~ Two more weeks.  That's all I have left of her first year.  Two measly weeks.  How in the world did that happen?  She's finally sleeping a bit better, usually waking only once.  She remains such a cuddle bug.  She absolutely delights in her siblings, and they in her.  She puts her head on our shoulders if we say "Love Mommy!" or "Love Daddy!"  She loves to eat, loves her almond milk, still loves to nurse, and will lick your face for a kiss.  This is your warning.

7~ We celebrated the return of FND last night.  Being the terrible mom that I am, I forgot the camera.  However, I remembered all four children, pina coladas, pizza, plates and OFF.  Courtney had the camera.  I'm sure she'll share the pics.

Off to be productive...even if that's only making gobs of lists.

1 comment:

  1. That did go by so fast! Can't wait for that cupcake party!

    I need to email you some pictures...

    ReplyDelete