Sunday, October 3, 2010

7 Quick Takes


1~  We celebrated St. Therese on Friday morning.  It was lovely.  The weather was spectacular for the first time since we've had these parties, and it was our first morning party so the kids loved being outside.  We had French toast, crepes, rose cupcakes, and rose lollipops, and finished the party off at Mass.  The only bad part?  I did not take one picture.  Boo.

2~  Ava went to a party at The "Bullay" Studio on Friday.  She was in Heaven, telling the little girl's mom, "It's just like I imagined!".  Then we went to my brother's football game where she shook her booty to YMCA for anyone willing to watch her.

3~  Yesterday we went to a baby shower for my cousin Claire.  Ava was the gift assistant, and she almost stole the show with her "OH! It's soooooo cute!" after every gift.  Claire really got some lovely gifts, and it was wonderful to see her fabulous six chicks again.


On that note, I crocheted my first hat for Claire's baby, Elise.  It was so fun, mildly frustrating, and a hit with the mama to be.  Here it is:






4~  Mary-Grace called me from a birthday party last night and left a message on the machine.  I will never erase it.  She sounded so very grown up and mature.  Here's the transcript:  "Hi, Mama! I was wondering when you could, um, come pick me and Zoe up.  Call me back soon, but be quick!  Because we're about to watch Jack & the Beanstalk and I really want to watch Fashion Fairytale.  Bye, Mama!  I love you! God bless!"  Cutest thing EVER.


5~  I missed FND this week.  Because of the football game and birthday parties on Saturday night, it just couldn't happen.  I realized just how good for my soul it is.  I'm anxious for this Friday already.


6~  Annelise hit 11 months on Thursday.  I can't believe her first year is coming to a close.  I so enjoyed her baby-ness.  She gave me the gift of two full nights of rest this week!!!  That was a first.  Birthday plans are underway.  I can't wait!


7~  The cool weather does so much for my soul.  The change of seasons brings such thankfulness for so many blessings, amped up prayers for things to come, and smells that I absolutely crave.  Welcome back, Fall!  I'm so glad you came.

2 comments:

  1. Your hat is exquisite!
    so impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate: The pics of the hat are GREAT! (Love that new lens!!!) I love Gracie's message - it makes me sad that she is so grown up...

    ReplyDelete