~Mom and I were grocery shopping at Wal Mart on Monday evening. She was carrying Annelise, and as we were walking side by side toward the checkout, my sweet baby reached her hand to reaching out for me and placed it on my arm that was pushing the buggy. She turned her head to look at me, then she looked back at Mom, and that's how we walked out...Nana holding her, but with one arm on Mama. It was adorable.
~ We enjoyed a wonderful family day out at Big Woods on Tuesday. Phil took the day off to come to Pioneer Day with us. The girls sewed, Jacob tied knots, they all made butter and learned to start a fire, and the bigs went on a really cool nature hike. Annelise was stellar...I couldn't have asked for an easier, more laid back baby that day.
~FND was out again this week! Our friends have been sick. What a bummer.
~Last night we went to Wisdom's first "Supper and Substance" couples' night. It was awesome! The fellowship, food, and speaker were all fabulous.
~I am LOVING crocheting! It feels like such a "Fall" thing to do...curl up under a warm blanket with a cup of coffee or hot tea, and create something warm and cozy. I made another hat last week that was supposed to be a Christmas gift for one of the parrains, but it barely fit Annelise. It's cute as a button, though. My gauge just must be off. I measured his head last night to try again.
~Annelise plays peak a boo. She puts her blankie over her face and waits for me to say, "Where's Annelise?" Then she yanks it off and belly laughs.
~I discovered chai tea with french vanilla creamer this week, and I loved it. I've always wanted to be a tea drinker, but no matter how many times I've tried it, I've never liked it. The chai tasted much more like a cider than like grass (which is what I always feel like I'm drinking when I've tried other teas). I'm looking forward to actual tea times this winter.
~Annelise has not been standing up at all; the lazy little thing scoots everywhere on her rump. She is lightening fast. I'd started getting concerned that she couldn't bear her weight, so I called some friends who are both PTs, and they checked her out for us. She's got a bit of low muscle tone in her quads, so they aren't holding her knees steady enough to stand. They gave me some tricks, and I am amazed at the difference already. They both said she'll be doing it on her own in no time. What a relief! And really, I'm tired of having her clothes being black on the butt at the end of the day, not to mention the sides of her feet being just nasty after a day of scooting.
~The bigs all slept over at Phil's parents' last night for the first time. They picked them up yesterday morning to go to the zoo, and we got so much accomplished! Fans are clean, the island is caulked and spackled, birthday invites are being created, the blog is being updated, the laundry room has a new shelf, and the floor is mopped. There more to do this morning before they get back! Whew.
I'm hoping to come back to add pictures to this post, but I'm out of time!
No comments:
Post a Comment