Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday, First Week of Advent

I read a blog where the author often says that chronicling her days on her blog always make her see the day's beauty, even if it didn't seem so beautiful at the time.  Three days into this "blog everyday in Advent"commitment, and I see that she's so right.  It's akin to writing out my list of 1000+ things I'm thankful for....waking up to the beauty in each moment.

We had leftover breakfast biscuits for our reading time, and read Cobweb Christmas: The Tradition of Tinsel.  This one is going on the "buy" list for next year.  We all loved it.



We had a great library trip today.  I love our library ladies.  The know my kids by name, ask them about karate and gymnastics, and ask us to pray for them when they know we're on our way to Mass.  I can't wait to surprise them with a treat closer to Christmas.

What made this trip so great is that we've scoured our house for three missing library books for two weeks now.  I knew they'd been returned (three of those annoying little reader books that go missing because they are so flat.)  I found all three of them on the library shelves.  Turns out, those flat, little, annoying books don't just go missing at my house.  They go missing at the library too.

After Mass, the kids spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside.  The weather was perfect: cold enough to not get hot, but warm enough that jackets aren't needed.  We were surprised by a visit from Kessie and the kids, which made our day that much sweeter.  The kids got to play, I got to love on Davis, and Kessie and I got to visit face to face, a rare treat.

We began the St. Andrew Christmas Novena last night as a family.  We are asking God for a miracle...the one we have in mind would be glorious, though we'll be grateful for whatever miracle He sees fit to send.  We got these little cards printed up and cut.  I'm excited to add this tradition to our family's Advent celebrations.




No comments:

Post a Comment