~1~
Our first week back to school has been great. We had some attitude adjustments the first day, but after that it has been smooth sailing. I've mapped out the rest of our school year, and I'm pleased with our progress. There's just something about the New Year that kicks me into high gear.
~2~
Annelise has had a busy week! She can now point to her nose, head, belly button and tongue. She is crawling, pulling up, cruising along the furniture, and occasionally even letting go and balancing herself just standing. She's even gotten brave and got her first egg on her head today after she tumbled over a toy she was trying to climb. She loves to sing when she hears music, and her expressions are much more telling these days. Oh, and when she sees a lit candle, she starts blowing. She is just such a JOY.
~3~
I took the kids to Toys R Us yesterday to spend their Christmas money. Jacob convinced Mary-Grace to spot Ava $3 so that they could each get a new Barbie. I was so proud of both of them...him for the encouragement, and her for actually doing it when she really didn't want to part with her money.
~4~
We have had really good morning prayer everyday this week. We are reading Colossians 3:12-17 over and over and discussing it. Today we talked about each child's strengths and weaknesses and ways to strengthen those weaknesses. I'm hopeful for lots of virtuous growth in the future. It's exciting to see the Holy Spirit moving.
~5~
I got to go to Confession and Mass at noon today all by myself. It was such a needed treat. I'm hoping to make this a bi-weekly habit.
~6~
There are two things I want to how to do this year: to knit and to make digital scrapbooks. The books I've made for my kids are such treasures to me, but I just don't have the time and space to do them by hand anymore. I'd love to get completely caught up, but I'll be happy if I just do Annelise's first year book!
~7~
Is it crazy that I'm already thinking about next school year?! My wheels are spinning already, and I need to drive while they're willing to spin! I'll have the big three all doing school next year, and if I'm not on top of it, I fear epic failure!

so excited about a new post!
ReplyDeleteI love all of your quick takes.
It sounds like a beautiful beginning to a new year.