Monday, January 17, 2011

Daybook--Second Week of Ordinary Time

Outside My Window...a teensy bit of sun, and some warmth.  I'll take it.  As soon as their rest time is over, these little people are on bikes and scooters indefinitely.
I am Listening to...the quiet of rest time.  Some days I can take it or leave.  Today, it's the best part of the day.
I am wearing ...yoga pants...about to hit the floor for Pilates.
I am Thankful For...His mercies being new everyday.  
I am Pondering, listening, watching...
I am Reading...same thing as last week.  I didn't read much this past week.  I'm hoping to rectify that soon.
From the Kitchen...fish, shrimp, salad, broccoli, bread.
I am Thinking...about a way to making Mondays less painful for our school time.  I don't like dreading them.
I am Creating...hats, scarves, wooden saints.
On the Learning Front...we got the basics in today.  History will happen later.  I'm praying about slowing down in some subjects and speeding up in others.  Next years plans are dancing in my head, and I'm trying to make sense of them.
Towards Rhythm and Beauty...still working on the Rule.  A candle has been lit everyday, all day.  The difference this makes in mental peace is amazing.
Toward Personal Care...the eating could be lots better, but I'm managing to get a workout in 3-4 days a week.  I'm praying about revisiting the saint diet (no sugar, no flour).  This might prove to be very difficult with a new bread machine in the house!
Living the Liturgical Year at Home...Ordinary Time...we are trying to learn to be extraordinary in the Ordinary.  We are reading our Bibles, Devotional Stories for Little Folks, and talking about all of it.  
I am Hoping and Praying...for many, many special intentions.
Around the House...the washer is backing up.  Phil is stopping at Home Depot on the way home tonight to rent a tool to fix it.  After that, the laundry can resume.
On Keeping Home...Must. Clean. Bathrooms.  (this week, I promise.)
One of My Favorite Things...when Annelise waits for us to clap and praise her when she knows she's done something grand.
Annelise this week...She is so close to taking steps unassisted.  This morning, out of the blue, she starting stacking blocks five high....with her left hand, no less.  Jacob is holding out for another south paw in the house.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...hopefully a field trip on Friday, a couple's dinner at church on Saturday, relaxing on Sunday.
A Picture Thought I'm sharing...I'll add it later.  If I don't publish this now, I'll never do it.  I need to empty the camera first, but Pilates is calling my name!

1 comment:

  1. This is all so good. I'm always inspired, but mostly I just love knowing what's going on in that glorious mind of yours! And I too am a fellow believer in the mental power of a good candle. I'm brainstorming about Mondays with you. We just have to find the secret decoder ring.

    ReplyDelete