Saturday, January 15, 2011

7 Quick Takes


~1~

Behold, the return of Friday Night Dinner.  This time, we were barricading my baby from climbing stairs instead of sympathizing with Gregg & Courtney over John's amazing mobility.  Now John just climbs over the barricades like it's a no brainer.  The kids played, danced, sang, threw bouncy balls over all the place, and we actually got to have some adult conversation and a glass of chocolate wine.

~2~

We used some Christmas money and bought a bread machine.  It's amazing so far.  We are toying with the idea of getting a wheat grinder as well, but we want to do more research.  From what I've read, the bread tastes so much better with fresh ground wheat.  We've made a loaf of bread every other day or so, a chocolate cake (not too impressed with this...I want to play around with the recipe), and dough for rolls.  I want to try a cinnamon roll dough recipe next.

~3~

I'm off today.  As soon as Phil finishes in the yard, I'm outta here.  I'm not sure how long I'll stay gone, but I'm free to do as I want.  We are trying out the "Mother's Sabbath" concept.  I'm going to go to Adoration, Hobby Lobby (because I have a gift card), and then probably to my mom's to just be.  I'll bring some crochet stuff with me, possibly some wooden dolls to paint, and I'm just going to hang out in the absolute quiet.

~4~

Jacob, Mary-Grace and I have just about finished memorizing Colossians 3:12-17, and Ava is well on her way.  I LOVE this passage.  It was the second reading on the feast of the Holy Family this year (2010).  I think we'll work on those readings this year...Sirach 3:2-7, 12-14, the Colossians one, and Psalm 128:1-5.

~5~

Some dear friends of ours have decided to homeschool one of their children for the rest of this school year, and all of their children starting in the fall.  We are SO excited to have them in our ranks because we might actually get to spend time together!

~6~

While Annelise is definitely pulling up and cruising along the furniture with much greater speed, she has also gotten MUCH MUCH faster at the butt scoot.  She's like lightning.

~7~

The big kids have built this incredible fort in the girls' room.  They are currently hunkered down with blaring music.  Right now they are playing "Back to the Bayou" (by Papop), Veggie Tales, Disney Classics, and The Flower Fairy Alphabet cd.  They pick one or two songs from each disc, play it very loudly, sing at the top of their lungs, and then switch discs.  It's hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the "Mother's Sabbath!!!"
    I hope you have a beautiful, blessed day!!!

    Thanks again for coming last night...I love that we had to make a barricade for Ms. Hamnchesse.

    ReplyDelete