Outside My Window... Dreary and freezing. ***Actually, now it's beautiful and still very cold.***
I am Listening to... not much. I'm on a quick break from school work, and the bigs are playing quietly while Annelise naps.
I am wearing... blue shirt, gray scarf, jeans, black boots. I find that if I actually dress to the shoes and put on some make-up, I am MUCH more productive during the day. Go figure.
I am Thankful For... Annelise's rapidly progressing gross motor skills. She is getting braver and braver by the day.
I am Pondering, listening, watching... Joy. It's the virtue for the month of January in Small Steps for Catholic Moms, and it is speaking right to my soul. I'm trying very hard to listen to the Holy Spirit's promptings for me toward one of my children. I'm watching Him work.
I am Reading... same as last week, although I plan to start Voyage of the Dawn Treader this week. I want to read it before the see the movie.
From the Kitchen... Chicken legs in the crockpot (this was supposed to be yesterday's dinner, but I forgot to plug in the crockpot!), leftover blueberry buckle from breakfast, lots of groceries just put away.
I am Thinking... about the lovely souls in my book study group and how they never cease to fill my tank.
I am Creating... the same scarf. But I'm also creating plans in my mind of many crochet projects, simplified birthday celebrations for my children this year, and hopefully soon, some painted saints.
On the Learning Front... Mondays are the pits. While I love the start to the new week, my students do NOT. I'm not sure how to remedy that. Tuesdays through Fridays are always so much better, so I take much comfort in that fact. I am pleased with their progress in their subjects this year. I am hopeful for another relaxing summer!
Towards Rhythm and Beauty... still working on tweaking the Rule. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
Toward Personal Care... I managed to get in four days of Pilates last week, and two so far this week. My eating has not been great, but it hasn't been terrible either. I cut my hair a couple of weeks ago, and I am loving the length for the first time in a very long time.
Living the Liturgical Year at Home... Our new morning prayer time has been so good. We begin with the Morning Offering and Scripture. Right now, we are memorizing Colossians 3:12-17 and Psalm 1. The discussions these passages are bringing have been beautiful. I am trusting that the fruit will come. We are learning to "let the Word of Christ dwell in [us] richly." We are also reading through Devotional Stories for Little Folks, and everyday the kids BEG for more "Seth stories." We've had this book for three years...Jacob read it right when we got it, but this is our first family read-through. How I wish we'd started earlier!
I am Hoping and Praying... for so many intentions. A friend trying to conceive. Those expecting babies. Friends in Haiti. My mom, grandparents, uncle and cousin who fly to California tomorrow. Relationships in my home.
Around the House... we're just trying to stay warm without completely drying out our insides with the central heat.
On Keeping Home... Believe it or not, we have mostly maintained the order. Laundry is moving and shaking. The kitchen is staying picked up. These two details make for a much more orderly home.
One of My Favorite Things... watching my children exhibit a virtue that does not come naturally to them.
My Kids This Week...have been busy. We had Boy Scouts on Monday night, art yesterday, and a birthday party today. It's good to get out even though it's FREEZING! It's helping to keep the cabin fever crazies at bay.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week... Another relaxing weekend is on the cards, and I'm so grateful.
A Picture Thought I'm sharing:
This is so good, so lovely...I love walking through this life with you. Thank you for sharing all these thoughts.
ReplyDelete